O102 - Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game
For the hunter looking for Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game Hunts we have an awesome Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game Outfitter.
Hunting Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game can be very exciting and an awesome hunting trip to experience. You want to make sure you pick a reputable Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game Outfitter for your trip. We have researched this Plains Game Outfitter in Africa - Eastern Cape for you and give them our full endorsement for Africa - Eastern Cape Plains Game Hunts.
At Watlington Outdoors, we have done the research for you and in most cases personally hunted with the outfitters we represent. We would not recommend a trip or outfitter that we wouldn’t feel comfortable going with ourselves! Best of all, this advice to you is FREE!
This is my favorite way to hunt Plains Game in Africa. We will consult with you about the animals you would like to hunt and then custom tailor a package for you. You will stay in one of our luxury lodges in the beautiful Eastern Cape region of South Africa. A member of our team will great you at the East London airport, where you will then take a scenic ride out into the countryside to our remote modern lodge. There, you will enjoy 4 star accommodations with daily housekeeping, laundry service, and gourmet meals.
Your day will start early in the morning with a light breakfast along with your PH and other hunters in camp. After breakfast the hunt begins, where you will travel in Safari vehicles looking for game. Once game is spotted, the hunt is on and you, along with your PH and tracker will formulate a plan and stalk your quarry. When your stalk is over, our team of trackers and skinners will recover and care for your trophy while you go after the next one.
Evenings start out with appetizers and cocktails at the main lodge, followed by a gourmet meal and delicious home made deserts. Enjoy the outdoor fire pit after dinner to share the details of the days hunt and prepare for what tomorrow will bring.
This is truly a awesome way to experience a Plains Game Safari!
Pricing & Packages
Al La Carte Daily Safari Rates (plus Trophy Fees):
|Base 1×1||US$ 400.00||/hunter|
|Base 2×1||US$ 350.00||/hunter|
|No hunter, or first night||US$ 180.00||/person|
Example of cost for a 6 hunting day / 7 night week, base 1×1: US$ 2,580.00
Please note: Depending on requested species, we also conduct hunts in other provinces such as Kwazulu / Natal for BIG GAME as well as Suni and Red Duiker. Quote on request.
TROPHY FEES in SOUTH AFRICA
|- SOUTH AFRICA / All provinces -Trophy List 2011 – in US$|
|Addax||On request||Lechwe, red||* 2,900.00|
|Blesbuck, common||395.00||Lion||On request|
|Blesbuck, copper||3650.00||Oryx, gemsbok||1,350.00|
|Bontebok||1,450.00||Oryx, scimitar horned||* 3,250.00|
|Buffalo, cape||On request||Reedbuck, common||1,250.00|
|Bushbuck, cape||560.00||Reedbuck, mountain||550.00|
|Bushpig||720.00||Rhebuck, grey (Vaal)||1,500.00|
|Caracal, lynx||895.00||Sheep, Barbary||2,600.00|
|Cats, small||On request||Springbok, black||500.00|
|Crocodile||On request||Springbok, common||330.00|
|Deer, fallow||595.00||Springbok, copper||* 2,850.00|
|Duiker, blue||* 1,090.00||Springbok, Kalahari||560.00|
|Duiker, common||330.00||Springbok, white||1,610.00|
|Eland, cape||2,590.00||Suni||* 2,650.00|
|Elephant||On request||Tahr||On request|
|Grysbok, cape||* 1,080.00||Warthog||450.00|
|Hippopotamus||On request||Wildebeest, black||990.00|
|Impala, southern||395.00||Wildebeest, blue||990.00|
|Klipspringer||* 1,450.00||Zebra, Burchell||1,450.00|
|Kudu, Cape||1,250.00||Zebra, cape mountain||* 4,050.00|
|Kudu, Southern Greater||1,550.00||Zebra, Hartmann||* 3,250.00|
* LIMITED QUOTA: advance reservation required
Our prices include:
- Transfer from/to the East London airport.
- Full board accommodation excluding bar, including table drinks (soda, beer & wine).
- Daily laundry service (we recommend you take 3 sets of hunting clothes only).
- Organized hunting with a professional hunter, 4×4 vehicles, a skinner/tracker & equipment.
- First preparation of trophies and transportation to Karl Human Taxidermist in East London.
- Trophy fees included in Safari packages options, per hunter.
- 14% Value Added Tax (VAT) where applicable.
Our prices do not include:
- Extra trophy fees (see our trophy list).
- Hounds for hunting caracal and / or bushpig: $200 / day.
- Flights, excursions, restaurants, supplementary nights before & after the safari, bar drinks.
- Firearm import permit, $100 if issued before hand with assistance on arrival in JNB OR $40 for assistance on arrival in JNB only. Firearm rental ($30 €/ day + ammunition).
- Taxidermy, we recommend a deposit in cash / Traveler Cheques of 40% to Karl Human Taxidermist at the end of your safari (as per his price-list). Karl can mount your trophies or ship to your USA taxidermist.
- Tips for your hunting guide, trackers and camp staff are not obligatory and are to be paid at your discretion.
Conditions of sale:
- Animals in the package cannot be swapped for others.
- Any wounded or lost animal is to be paid in full.
- For all Safari Packages options, taxidermy work is to be done in South Africa. You will be introduced to the local taxidermist that we have carefully chosen for you. A 40% deposit is to be paid for the taxidermy, either in cash or by traveler cheques.
- All table drinks (soda, beer and wine) are included. However, bar drinks (whiskey) are not.
Weather and best Season:
The Eastern Cape has a subtropical climate with temperatures ranging from 20°C to 33°C (68 to 91° F) in summer (December through February) and in winter (June through August) from around – 6°C to 23°C (21 to 73°F).
Best time to hunt is from March to November.